Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Introduction

There have been many stories in my family, and many from my experiences. My family have told me that I should write a book, but that seemed too hard. Then there was a problem of publishing. As I go through life, I have come to realize that these stories have life messages: some serious, some funny, and some entertaining. My grandmother and great aunt have related stories as a child and many have been forgotten. These stories are to keep daily events alive for my grandchildren, nieces and nephews, and future generations.

This is important as my family have been in this country since the 1690's, and for my children, whose father's family has been here just as long. The family has had heroes in the French and Indian wars, the Revolutionary War, and in the Frontier West, as well as in the last hundred years. My mother's family is kin to Buffalo Bill Cody of which my grandmother has a strong family resemblance.

Now I would like to introduce myself and my family unit. My father was the 2nd son of 6 boys. My mother was the youngest of 4 children. My father was married prior to WWII and had 1 daughter. Uncharacterist for the times, my wife divorce him to marry someone else. Since WWII was happening, my father gave up his daughter and left for war. During the war years, he met my mother. After his return from the Pacific, he married my mother. Together they had 6 more daughters.

There was myself, Terry, Patricia, Janet, Kathleen, and Cindy. What was interesting was that the arrivals of us girls are in set of 2's. I and Terry came first. Five years later was Patricia and Janet. Five years later came Kathleen (who had died after a few hours) and lastly but not the least Cindy.

Another unique quality was the children of my mother's and father's siblings. They all have either all boys or all girls. There were no mixed sex siblings in this generation. This gave me a funny outlook on family units. I grew up thinking that a family that had both boys and girls in it was very strange and unnatural. Hense the mind of a child will adopt to any situation that they are living in. A child was except anything as normal when they are brought up in a specific environment. Maybe that is why children in an abusive family become abusive in adulthood, children in a violent environment will be violent in adulthood, etc.

Any way these stories will not be in chronologic order. They are true and not taken from any books or writings. My fondest hope that my sisters and other will be motivated to add their unique point of view on the story or add their own.



My goal is to write 100 stories at least 1 per week. This will take some time and I hope it will be enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb,
    I think this is a great idea, I really enjoy the stories. If I think of any I will send it to you.
    Thank you
    Love, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb

    Love the stories, cant wait to read what comes next.

    love you

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments. Thank you for reading my stories.